Let’s talk beauty routines for a minute, moms. We all have them, more or less, but how many of us have actually taken the time to research the products going onto our skin?
What’s crazy is that the beauty industry in the USA is virtually unregulated. That’s right- it means that there hasn’t been a law regulating what can and cannot go into our products in 79 years. SEVENTY NINE YEARS. So much has changed in our world during this time, and yet we haven’t put in the effort to regulate personal care products. It’s mind boggling, isn’t it?
Personally, I’ve always been passionate about living a “clean” lifestyle, but I’ve never obsessed over it. I do my best to live by the 80/20 rule– living/eating clean 80% of the time, and just enjoying life the remaining 20%. I’m turning 30 next year, though, my husband works a very physically demanding job, and we have our second son on the way. So eliminating as much toxicity from our lifestyles has become incredibly important for our family. This is why we’ve switched to essential oils for most of our home and health needs, and why I’ve replaced over 90% of my cosmetics and 100% of my skincare products with Beautycounter.
I’m not a sales-y person at all, but these products have had such a positive impact on my health and my family’s health that it’s difficult to not share with others!
That said, here are 3 reasons you should switch to safer beauty and home products NOW:
- For your health. One in three to four people will develop cancer in their lifetime. This is a scary statistic, but I’m not mentioning it to pressure anyone into doing anything drastic. This is the reality of the world we live in. Research has proven time and time again that what goes INTO and ONTO our bodies significantly impacts our health. We only get one body, and everybody knows that preventing disease is a whole lot easier than treating it.
- They’re safe to use during pregnancy and around children. I think this part speaks for itself, right?
- Peace of mind. Greener living is better not only for your body, but also for the environment. And at the end of the day, knowing you’ve treated both of those things with respect is priceless. Your health is not too expensive to invest in!
What changes have you made to lead a greener lifestyle? If you’re interested in learning more about safer beauty and home products, contact me here.