*This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here*
Ladies, let’s face it. Pregnancy is supposed to be all about that “glow,” but most of the time it’s filled with vomiting, acne, heartburn and a general feeling of discomfort. While growing a baby is definitely magical, pregnancy doesn’t always make us feel that way. And since a lot of things aren’t safe for use during pregnancy, it makes pampering ourselves even more difficult.
So, as someone due with her second baby in only four months, here’s a list of my favorite pregnancy-friendly beauty products:
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Body Butter + Stretch Oil: Technically this is a two-for-one, but I couldn’t resist. The Earth Mama Angel Baby brand is seriously my favorite. Rating low on the EWG toxicity scale is one of the first things I look for when buying any product, and these rate as low as possible. Both products are very moisturizing and smoothing. I haven’t gotten any stretch marks yet, so we’ll see if that continues.
- Juice Beauty Antioxidant Moisturizer: I discovered this non toxic brand while browsing Instagram and was really impressed with this particular moisturizer. As someone with combination skin, it’s often difficult to find gentle skincare products that deliver enough moisture without causing oiliness. My skin feels so soft and supple after using this!
- Butter London nail polish: Free of the junk found in most nail polish products, this nail polish brand also offers the cutest range of colors. My absolute favorite is Piece of Cake.
- Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder: This super gentle exfoliating cleanser does a fantastic job gently removing dead skin cells (best for combination skin). I use it daily.
- Activated charcoal for teeth whitening: There’s nothing more frustrating than wanting to whiten your teeth during pregnancy but wondering whether it’s safe. I’ve used activated charcoal for awhile now and the results are real! It’s a great alternative to harsh whitening products, best saved for after pregnancy, but it also works well for maintaining your desired level of whiteness.
- Body pillow: I skated by without one in my first pregnancy, but this time I’m finding it much more difficult to get comfortable at night (especially with a toddler who still sneaks into our bed). Enter this body pillow- it’s a major game changer! No more waking up feeling like I’ve been run over.
And there you have it! Again, I’ve personally used all of these products during pregnancy.
What are your favorite bump friendly beauty products? I’d love to know!
*Natalie Popi/Kinda Voguish is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.